Artificial intelligence has grown tremendously ever since its inception. The growth isn’t merely in the technology but also in the number of domains and sectors that find it useful. This impeccable technology has made inroads into a catena of business sectors. The aim of this blog is to analyse those domains and help readers pinpoint the multitude of career options in Artificial Intelligence.
In layman’s terms Artificial Intelligence is a kind of intelligence that is made by humans. However, there is much more to the term. It is a technology that enables a machine to replicate the cognitive function or human brain better than a human brain.
The two types of Artificial Intelligence are;
1. Narrow Artificial Intelligence: It is focused on a particular function or subset of the activity, our brain performs. For instance, AI that focuses only on Voice Recognition or Image recognition is narrow AI.
2. Artificial General Intelligence: In a fictional world, this form of artificial intelligence can be exemplified with a reference to Skynet. It is not focused on a particular function, unlike the widely prevalent Narrow AI, it has the potential to act as a human Brain entirely on it’s own.
Industries using AI:
Artificial intelligence has penetrated into a number of industries, such as:
1. Medical (Healthcare) Industry: The testimony to this is the use of Artificial Intelligence in disbursing Vaccination against Covid. COWIN India App is the best example.
2. Automobile Industry
3. Educational Institutions
4. Marketing Sector
5. Cyber Security
6. E-commerce Industry
7. Customer Services
8. Financial Services
Significant Career paths in Artificial Intelligence:
1. Data Scientist: Data Scientists work with an abundant amount of raw data and help utilise the skills of data engineers to automate it and put it to use.
2. AI/Machine Learning Engineer/Developer: The key responsibilities of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineers is to design and develop AI & ML programs.
3. Analytics Manager: As an Analytics Manager your job description is to lead a team of data scientists and make best use of the resources available.
4. Research Assistant: A research assistant is expected to have a master’s degree in computer science with multiple skills, such as:
● applied mathematics
● computational statistics
● machine learning
● deep learning
Conclusion: Now that you are aware of the multiple career prospects available after learning Artificial Intelligence, we hope you make the right career choice.